"What a compliment for the vocalist!"
The Traditional Long Dreadnought features an incredibly full bass, a broad round midrange, and warm rich sounding high notes. The body is one inch longer than our Dreadnought model, and its 12-fret neck allows the bridge to be placed lower on the top. This results in a full, almost classical, guitar response and tonal quality. This model features an elegant slotted peghead design.
"the full, round tone has surpassed my expectations"
All of our Traditional series models features a custom, partially scalloped bracing pattern which produces a bit more 'boominess' in the bass and midrange. The peghead and bridge have been redesigned for a more conservative visual appeal, with open gear Waverly tuning machines contributing to its charm. It is attractively arrayed with a herringbone marquetry rosette and top purfling, and a chevron marquetry backstrip.
Initial Traditional Long Dreadnought Model Specifications
- Shape Traditional Long Dreadnought
- Number of Strings 6 - Steel
- Scale length 12Fret - 25"
- Body Length 21"
- Body Width 15-7/8"
- Body Depth 4-3/4"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 19
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Tor-Tis Pattern
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Bear Claw Sitka Spruce
- Binding Maple
- Edge Trim Herringbone Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Slotted Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Maple
- Bridge Pins Blacklip MOP Inlaid Boxwood
- Tuners Waverly Vintage Nickel
- Tuner Buttons Ivoroid or Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Blacklip MOP Logo
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Squares
- Rosette Material Herringbone Wood Marquetry
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Backstrip Style Chevron Wood Marquetry
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.