"Buckle your seat belt . . . this one is not for the faint of heart!"
The Jumbo model is a true jumbo sized guitar with a brilliance, balance and clarity that separates it from all the other jumbos! This size has a wonderfully musical, concert hall bass that can only be likened to a grand piano. Even with all this bass there is still great focus, separation and sustain. It has, possibly, a bit more fullness and punch throughout the whole scale than the Standard -- a hard feat to achieve.
James has a special fondness toward the Jumbo series. This is not surprising since this is the guitar he first chose to build many years ago. The Jumbo can be used for vocal accompaniment, solo or even fingerstyle performing.
The Jumbo Model Is Available With The Following Category Defining Option
Initial Jumbo Model Specifications
- Shape Jumbo
- Number of Strings 6 - Steel
- Scale length 25.5"
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 17"
- Body Depth 4-5/8"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price $6,300
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Figured Koa or Maple or Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510 Regular
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.