The Baritone has a vibrant sound!
Yes, we make an incredible sounding baritone! It has such power and clear definition, one almost forgets the pitch is lower after playing or listening awhile. This instrument is especially treasured by guitarists who love to play in drop tuning and slack-key styles.
The Baritone includes a neck which has 14 frets clear to the body and a 28 inch string scale. With regular medium gauge strings they can be tuned one whole step down to D-G-C-F-A-D and drop tuned from there. Add a capo at the 2nd fret and it’s a regular guitar. With slightly heavier custom gauge strings it can be pitched as low as say B, etc.
Jumbo Baritone Model With Signature Series Features
Also Available With Aloha & Royal Hawaiian Series Styles
Signature Series Bridge Shape With Bone Saddle & Mother of Pearl Inlaid Ebony Bridge Pins
Initial Jumbo Baritone Model Specifications
- Shape Jumbo Baritone
- Number of Strings 6 – Steel
- Scale length 14Fret 28″
- Body Length 20″
- Body Width 17″
- Body Depth 4-5/8″
- Neck Width 1-3/4″
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price $6,700
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Figured Koa or Maple or Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510 Regular
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods – Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods – Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay – Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway – Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck – Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details – Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup – Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.