“The Baritone has a vibrant powerful sound!”
Yes, we make incredible sounding baritone models! It has such rich power and clear definition, one almost forgets the pitch is one whole step down after playing or listening awhile. This instrument is especially treasured by guitarists who love to play in drop tuning and slack-key styles.
The Baritone includes a neck which has 14 frets to the body and a 28″ string scale. With regular medium gauge strings they can be tuned one whole step down to D-G-C-F-A-D and drop tuned from there. Add a capo at the 2nd fret and it’s a regular guitar. With slightly heavier custom gauge strings it can be tuned as low as B to B.
Initial Traditional Baritone Model Specifications
- Shape Traditional Baritone
- Number of Strings 6 – Steel
- Scale length 14Fret – 28″
- Body Length 21″
- Body Width 15-7/8″
- Body Depth 4-3/4″
- Neck Width 1-3/4″
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 21
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Tor-Tis Pattern
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Bear Claw Sitka Spruce
- Binding Maple
- Edge Trim Herringbone Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Maple
- Bridge Pins Blacklip MOP Inlaid Boxwood
- Tuners Waverly Vintage Nickel
- Tuner Buttons Ivoroid or Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Blacklip MOP Logo
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Squares
- Rosette Material Herringbone Wood Marquetry
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Backstrip Style Chevron Wood Marquetry
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods – Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods – Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay – Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway – Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck – Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details – Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup – Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.