"Exceedingly powerful with a brilliant timbre"
As a classically trained musician James Goodall has a deep affection for the classical guitar. In 1988 James drew upon his renowned understanding of guitar building techniques, and with consideration for a Northern European tonal and visual concept, the Classical model was born. James Goodall has created his own bracing design in order to achieve a richly lyrical, exceedingly powerful, and brilliant timbre quality.
Classical Model Features
Initial Classical Model Specifications
- Shape Classical
- Number of Strings 6 - Nylon
- Scale length 25.5"
- Body Length 19-3/8"
- Body Width 14-5/16"
- Body Depth 3-3/4"
- Neck Width 2"
- Bracing Classical Lattice Bracing
- Number of Frets 19
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Glossy Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Savarez Alliance HT Classic
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Not Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian or Palo Escrito Rosewood
- Top Wood Port Orford or Western Red Cedar
- Binding Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead & Bridge Brazilian Rosewood
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Tie-Block Matched Wood Marquetry
- Tuners Gold Gotoh Classical Open Gear
- Tuner Buttons Ebony
- Peghead Inlay None
- Fretboard Inlay None
- Rosette Material Wood Marquetry
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.