"Concise and balanced tonal clarity"
Goodall Guitars has introduced a nylon string Crossover guitar that will satisfy the most discriminating guitar player. Our Nylon string Crossover models are truly a wonderful blend of steel string playability and classical guitar tone and projection. We styled them to have a beautiful, elegant look, somewhat in-between a classical and a steel string guitar; a little Spanish influence blended with some Western inspiration.
"suitable for strumming as well as fingerstyle playing with equally satisfying results"
A truly refined classical instrument has a powerful separation to each note and a brilliant and powerful treble which makes its voice somewhat strident and less satisfying when strummed like a steel string, but our Crossovers have a little more blend, balance, richness and sustain making them suitable for strumming as well as fingerstyle playing with equally satisfying results. There is plenty of clarity on the treble stings though and when pushed they really sing out, giving a wide dynamic range. The bass is very full and resonant, but not overpowering.
Crossover Model Features
Initial Crossover Model Specifications
- Shape Crossover
- Number of Strings 6
- Scale length 25.5"
- Body Length 19-3/8"
- Body Width 14-5/16"
- Body Depth 4"
- Neck Width 1-7/8"
- Bracing Crossover Lattice-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Alvarez Medium Tension
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian or Palo Escrito Rosewood
- Top Wood Port Orford or Western Red Cedar
- Binding Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh Precision Open Gear
- Tuner Buttons Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Blacklip MOP
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Andaman Padauk Inlay
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.