A small guitar with big sound!
In response to our customers desire for a smaller instrument with the voice of a larger guitar, James Goodall has introduced two new elegant designs which comprise the Parlor series. The reception of the Parlor series at the 1999 Summer Nashville NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show was phenomenal.
"Everyone was amazed at the fullness and richness of tone as well as their punchy clarity. Some even thought they projected as well as a Dreadnought model."
The Parlor series guitar has a shorter 25" scale length. It has a scaled down bridge, peghead and sound hole. It is available in a 12 or 14 fret neck joint with a non slotted peghead or an optional 12 fret neck joint with slotted peghead* and bronze patina Waverly tuners. The 12 fret model has a sweet, round and responsive voice similiar in tone to a classical guitar. The 14 fret model has a little more punch and clarity in the mid range, and is very similiar to our Grand Concert series instrument.
*The slotted peghead model has a neck width at the nut of 1 7/8"
(1 13/16" is optional).
The Parlor Model Is Available With The Following Category Defining Option
12-Fret 25" Short Scale
The neck meets the body at the 12th fret and the bridge is positioned lower, producing a slightly sweeter, warmer tone.
Initial Parlor Model Specifications
- Shape Parlor
- Number of Strings 6 - Steel
- Scale length 14Fret -25.5" or 12Fret - 25"
- Body Length 19-3/8"
- Body Width 14"
- Body Depth 4-1/8"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing Parlor X-Brace
- Number of Frets 14Fret - 20 or 12Fret - 19
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Hawaiian Koa
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510 Mini
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold/Chrome
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.