"The Grand Concert model is one of the world's most perfect guitars"
The Grand Concert model is a refined and beautifully proportioned shape, and is everything you could desire from an acoustic guitar and more. It's tone is a wonderful blend of balanced clarity, and punchy projection, with a smooth rich bass response. This instrument is larger than the Parlor but smaller than the Concert Jumbo. It has a singing lyrical treble, with excellent sustain, and is comfortable to hold. Though it is a small guitar, the Grand Concert does not exhibit the tight nasal tonal quality in the midrange and bass that is generally associated with smaller guitars.
"ideal for the fingerstylist and the flatpicker, with the appropriate tonewoods"
While the Grand Concert series is considered ideal for the fingerstylist due to its sensitive, dynamic responsiveness, it is equally appropriate for the flatpicker or plectrum player with the appropriate tonewood combination. It is prized by Bluegrass flatpickers and has even been said to surpass large bodied dreadnought guitars with respect to it's clarity, sustain and powerful projection.
The Grand Concert Model Is Available With The Following Category Defining Option
14-Fret 25" Short Scale
Similar to the 14 fret 25.5" scale setup, but with a slightly shorter scale length for ease of fretting with smaller hands.
Initial Grand Concert Model Specifications
- Shape Grand Concert
- Number of Strings 6 - Steel
- Scale length 25.5" or 25" Short Scale
- Body Length 19-1/2"
- Body Width 15"
- Body Depth 4-1/4"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Figured Koa or Maple or Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510 Mini
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.