"The powerful, rich, and clear tone has exceeded my expectations"
In November 1998 after 26 years of building some of the finest steel string guitars ever constructed, James Goodall announced the addition of an exciting new box size. This is in response to increasing requests for a more comfortable, smaller body dimension than the Goodall Standard (near in size to the Dreadnought). The Concert Jumbo model is slightly smaller than the Standard series and larger than the Grand Concert series guitar.
The end result is a beautiful new shape called the Concert Jumbo. "The powerful, rich, and clear tone has exceeded my expectations," James Goodall said of his new Concert Jumbo. Since it retains the large acoustic soundboard area of the Standard or Dreadnought, while increasing comfortability and curvy visual appeal, this model has become a favored size for many Goodall Guitar owners.
The Concert Jumbo Model Is Available With The Following Category Defining Options
14-Fret 25" Short Scale
Similar to the 14 fret 25.5" scale setup, but with a slightly shorter scale length for ease of fretting with smaller hands.
Initial Concert Jumbo Model Specifications
- Shape Concert Jumbo
- Number of Strings 6 or 12 - Steel
- Scale length 25.5" or 25" Short Scale
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 15-7/8"
- Body Depth 4-3/4"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Figured Koa or Maple or Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510 Mini
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.