"The Standard is a guitar with a difference!"
The Standard series, with its graceful curving lines, is a larger-bodied guitar with a clarity that is uncanny! The amazingly rich, powerful bass and midrange is matched to a brilliant treble and shimmering harmonic overtones. Arguably the most balanced guitar available from Goodall Guitars, James feels that the Standard model is the crowning achievement of his luthierie career. With approximately the same proportions as the ever popular dreadnought shape, the resemblance stops with the size. More than one musician has commented that "this guitar makes others sound like they are stuffed full of cotton."
"This guitar makes others sound like they are stuffed full of cotton, you have to hear it to believe it."
Whether you are in your living room, at the recording studio, or on stage, this one excels. Truly it can be said that this is the Standard by which all other acoustic guitars are measured.
The Standard Model Is Available With the Following Category Defining Option
Double the strings for a rich, natural chorus effect, built for ease of playability.
Initial Standard Model Specifications
- Shape Standard
- Number of Strings 6 or 12 - Steel
- Scale length 25.5"
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4-3/4"
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Bracing X-Brace
- Number of Frets 20
- Neck Material Honduran Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Finish Glossy Urethane
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze
- Pickguard Clear
- Case Ameritage
- Cutaway Option Available
- Price Request a price list
- Back/Side Wood Indian Rosewood or Honduran Mahogany
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Binding Figured Koa or Maple or Indian Rosewood
- Edge Trim 5-Ply Ebony/Maple
- Peghead Overlay Ebony
- Fretboard Wood Ebony
- Fretboard Binding Ebony
- Bridge Pins Ebony w/ MOP Inlay
- Tuners Gotoh 510
- Tuner Buttons Ebony/Gold
- Peghead Inlay MOP Wings, Abalone G
- Fretboard Inlay Notched MOP Diamonds
- Rosette Material Abalone Shell
- Nut/Saddle Bone
Numerous functional and aesthetic options are available for customization. The list above is representative of the initial specifications for the specific model and series before custom options are chosen. Customizable options include:
- Upgrade Back & Side, and/or Top Woods - Various species and grades with price points correspondent to their rarity.
- Choose Different Binding Woods - Five species, some with extra curly options. Matching Fretboard Binding is also available, and is standard on some series styles.
- Change Or Add Inlay - Five shell peghead border inlays, six attractive fretboard inlay options, seven unique rosette shell choices, four bridge inlay appointments, five shell top border inlays, five shell backstrip inlays, and five shell end-graft inlay choices.
- Add A Cutaway - Curvy venetian or sharp florentine style.
- Customize Neck - Wider or narrower than the initial setup, or customize shape and finish.
- Upgrade Setup Details - Open gear tuning machines, responsibly sourced fossilized walrus ivory from Alaskan excavations, and matched peghead veneers.
- Install A Pickup - Electronics to get you amplified without sacrificing tone.